My mom fell and broke her arm on Monday, thereby pushing May into the clear winner as my least favorite month. So, in honor of that fact, here are the Top 10 Reasons I Hate May:
10. In Arizona, April showers never bring May flowers.
9. Leonardo da Vinci died in May 1519. He was really old though — I suppose it was his time. Still, the world lost a genius…in May.
8. My maternal grandmother died in May 1988.
7. In May 1970, four anti-war protesters were killed at Kent State by Ohio National Guardsmen.
6. My father-in-law died this May.
5. It was a bad month for Anne Boleyn, too. She was beheaded in May 1536.
4. The Hindenburg crashed in May 1937.
3. As previously mentioned, my mom broke her arm, which really sucks because she and Dad were preparing for a driving vacation to Alaska…which may or may not be on hold now.
2. I married my first husband in May 1997.
And the #1 reason I dislike May so intensely is…
1. Temperatures reach 100 degrees in Phoenix by May; there will be no substantial break in the weather until October.